Monday, July 17, 2006

Lunar Golf, Stroller Moms & Questions, Questions, Questions

This past Friday Patrick, Nicholas & I met up with friends and played Lunar Golf at the mall. This is basically putt-putt in an air conditioned, black light, glow in the dark setting. This was the first time Patrick has ever played miniature golf and he did a great job. He is extremely patient with the whole process and wants to make sure he is doing everything right (such as holding his putter the right way, standing in the right position, etc.) Anyways, he enjoyed it so much that he decided Daddy needed to check this out as well. So we went today, and after I got the pictures of him putting, Daddy's hole in one and the glowing baby (Nicholas was in all white for the occasion), Nicholas and I headed out into the mall for my first attempt at exercise in many, many months. The mall we go to is so large that once around is a mile. I planned on making three laps in the amount of time that they were playing psychedelic golf. I headed out at a good pace and noticed people actually getting out of my way and saying "oh..excuse me" or mom's telling their children "watch out". One of the funnier moments was when I rounded a corner and a lady working at a kioske said "the baby's head is leaning!". As if they haven't just spent 9 months crumpled into a ball! I did stop and reposition his head with a blanket, but seriously, he was sleeping just fine. By the time my 45 minutes was up, I recieved a call from my other 2 guys only to inform me that they were at Cold Stone Creamery! That is totally not fair I told them, but they just said, "sorry, we will try and finish before you get here". I arrived safely only to tell Chuck of my travels and he just shook his head & I said "Yes, I was one of those crazy mall stroller moms".

Questions...

Patrick is growing up so fast. He amazes me with his vocabulary and his wisdom, but his questions are about to drive us nuts. For instance, today a few of them were "Do dolphins have teeth? Do whales eat sharks? Do sharks eat whales? How do angels fly? How did God make angels? How did they get the space station up there? Where does gum come from?" and my absolute favorite of today was "When I was little and NaNa used to keep me, did she take me outside and we would sit in a chair and watch the sunset and talk about our day?"

???

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim Q. said...

AAAAHHHH! What a magical day! Emily has wanted to play that since we first visited here. I t does sound like oodles of fun! Patrick is so amusing! His questions remind me of an old old old country song "Daddy what if" the little child asks zany questions too. Like "Daddy what if the sun stopped shining, what would happen then". I think it's Conway Twitty and his son??? Not sure. Well, I hope you are jotting these down so you will be prepared for Nicholas's turn...I imagine he will be just as inquisitive. They are so darling! Yeeaaa for you and your power strolling bad self! I am proud of you and thankful you are able to have those times! I hope you guys have a blessed week! Love ya tons!

6:31 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Patrick's questions are so funny and thoughtful. that last one really did make me smile!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Patrick is so cute. I love all those questions. I know they drive us crazy, but don't they just crack you up when you write them down! I love it. He is so smart. He would love one of the shows on one of the cable channels where they show you how to make things like gum, tires, skates, ect. I think it is one Discovery Channel.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Questions are driving us crazy too! Lunar golf is very fun. How creative of you to dress the baby all in white. Mall walking doesn't work for me... I walk right to the pretzel stand, the Starbucks, the ice cream and the french fries!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Patrick and Chuck had as much fun as Edie and Patrick did. Edie said that the next time she goes out there she is going to wear white so it shows up like Nicholas did. I'll never forget seeing Patrick and Edie practicing the 15th hole and we couldn't see their bodies but suddenly saw a ball fly up in the air. HAHA - what a blast. The carousel was tons of fun too - next time I will let you ride and I'll stand with Nicholas.

-Talese

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home