Friday, October 05, 2007

Can I Draw You a Picture?

....since our camera is at the bottom of the lake. Patrick fell out of his bed Sunday night and busted his lip and had a bloody nose. I heard the thump and then the crying. It is strange to me that in a sleepy haze I cannot distinguish which child is crying when they are 5 years apart. My first thought was to go to Nicholas room. I was afraid I had left the rail down and he had fallen out. He was sound asleep and I found Chuck and Patrick on the floor in Patrick's room with blood gushing everywhere. This injury would not have been quite so traumatic had I not removed his bunk bed ladder (due to the little climber in our house). I replaced the ladder (where he normally puts his water) with a small stool. The stool is what he fell face first on. Chuck had still been up watching TV and seemed to have things under control, so I snuck back to bed. However, Patrick's lip was a swollen mess on Monday.

In other news, I asked Patrick what he learned in school the other day and he said "vertical equations". It took his not so sharp mother a minute to figure that one out. He also told me that the kids in his class thought the story he wrote about the boat sinking in writers workshop was fiction but it wasn't fiction it was non-fiction. I am impressed with all of the things he is learning in first grade.

We are off today to see Grandma & Jack and then to the ranch to see the cousins and have a sleep over again at my grandmother's old house. I am hoping for peaceful travels. So glad we have Baby Einstein DVDs and that Patrick will give up his movie time in the car to keep Nicholas happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

So sorry to hear about Patrick, hope you have a great trip!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home