Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Thursday 13

13 Cute Things That Patrick Has Said In the Last Week...

1. "When I was a baby, my mommy used to be a dentist." (Correction - I worked for a dentist in the office).

2. "What's so funny of?" Sadly, after 3 years of this phrase, Chuck informed him that he needs to drop the "of".

3. "The computers at school are way better than our computer at home because they have extra special games for kids."

4. "When we get to 100 on the blue number chart, my teacher says we get to do something extra special, like have a treat."

5. "Can you write down Reagan's name so I can coffee it?" (copy)

6. "I forgot to dust the stinkers" (speakers) note:we do not believe in child labor - he likes to dust, mop and clean the bath tubs, so who am I not to let him? He does get allowance money for these chores.

7. "When I grow up and I am a man and I marry a mom" (so I said "you mean wife")"...yeah, wife, I am going to always drive to church so she can put on her make-up." To me, this statement is funny for many different reasons.

8. "When I was 4 and Nana & DaDa went to Switzerland, I called it Sweat Island, but now I call it Switzerland. That was funny, right?"

9. "Don't talk with a binky in your mouth, Mommy" (I was swaddling Nicholas and had the opposite end of the binky in my mouth)

10. "When will I be done with kindergarten?"

11. "What is Oxtail and how do you cook it?"

12. "When can we go to the North Pole and find the stick in the snow like on Little Bear?"

13. "Why is Daddy not afraid of anything?"

Thurday 13 #2

13 Nice Things Chuck has Said/Done for Me in the Last 24 Hours"

1. While we were at church, he came home early from work and picked up all of the toys, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher & cleaned up Patrick's train table.

2. Stays up until 12pm-1am every night to give Nicholas his late bottle, so I can sleep from 10pm-4am. He then gets up at 6:45 (when he doesn't have to be at work until 10am) to make breakfast, help me get Patrick ready and then take Patrick to school.

3. After last night 's emotional unloading and apology on my part, he says with a smile "That's ok...that is what I am here for."

4. Encourages me to be a better person when my feelings have been hurt reminds me of what being a Christian is all about.

5. Didn't freak out on me for buying organic milk even though it is not in our budget right now.

6. Emailed me his schedule for next week, so I will know the real busy late nights vs. the might be out early nights.

7. Told me he loved me before he left for work, at the end of every phone call and before we said goodnight.

8. Called to see how I was feeling in the middle of his very hectic day.

9. Tried to help me fix our crazy sewing machine that causes me so much anguish & time that my mom even said I would be better off hand sewing my current project.

10. Took the fussy baby the minute he walked in the door b/c he could see I was at my limit and needed a break.

11. Called to find out how "Volunteer Training" went at Patrick's school.

12. Every day he always asks me first how my day went when he calls me as he is walking out of the hotel to tell me he is on his way home.

13. Came in and turned out the lights in our bedroom, took the book out of my hands and kissed me goodnight when I was half asleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger jenny biz said...

Such cute questions from Patrick. I love the "What's so funny of." Do you have that on video??:)
What a wonderful, Godly husband you have! What a great man!! You are a lucky-chicky!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I don't know what Oxtail is? Help.. Your first 13 is great...your second it so sweet. I hope that Chuck reads it and knows how you appreciate him. You have a good one! I love you Margaret K!

8:58 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Patrick is hilarious! He has quite a sense of humor. A funny kindergartener and a sweet husband. Life is good.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

It is beef oxtail and why it is called oxtail would be a good question for Chuck. It is actually the tail and the method of preparation is braising (we learned from asking him).

Yes, we do have the question on video. I love hearing him ask.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home