Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spring


I love Spring. I am so excited by the blooming of the Red Buds, Bradford Pears and all of the beautiful wild flowers. I love the sweet smell of the jasmine that grows over our mailbox and on our walks by the lake. It is awesome to see our magnificent maples come back to life and provide a canopy of shade for the upcoming months. Patrick and I delight in planting our garden and all of our flowers from seed. This year I let him talk me into planting pumpkin. This is completely ridiculous because Chuck will definitely not approve of a pumpkin patch (for those of you that don't already know, Chuck is very much a perfectionist about our yard). So now I have six pumpkin plants and I haven't a clue what to do with them. Pumpkin grows really fast, by the way. It was kind of a surprise. I thought I would have more time to figure this out. Here are some recent pictures....

































Nicholas and Daddy reading the mail together after work

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

Cute pictures. I wish I could just get something to grow. It is such a struggle digging a hole in our soil. You are brave with a pumpkin vine. THey get so huge. Maybe a couple will disappear during school or something?!? I hear they make a ton!!! I love that you garden with your kids.

1:16 PM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

cute, cute pictures. and i am laughing thinking of you guys with a quick growing pumpking. almost has a cinderella motif! :)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

Can't wait to see pumpkins!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

I had a dream last night about a HUGE cucumber! Like 5 feet long, HUGE! I think I know where that strange dream came from. Maybe it is foreshadowing about your pumpkins!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home