Thursday, February 08, 2007

Driven

The best way to describe my husband. No matter what the job, no matter how many hours, he is the man. Why he is married to me (the opposite of driven) is still a mystery. As my parents would say, we know how to marry well in my family. While on vacation, Chuck lightly refinished all of our cabinets, ripped up and replaced the tile in both bathrooms, replaced the toilets in both bathrooms, replaced all of the fixtures and ripped out (or should I say) murdered our fiberglass shower that I would guess the house was built around back in 1984! I use an explanation point here simply because the night this happened, the boys and I were at a birthday party. When we arrived home it looked as if some sort of maniac had broken in our house and killed our shower. I was wrong to assume that those showers come out in one piece. Apparently, you have to bust out an ax, sledgehammer and crowbar and go crazy. I am amazed and inspired by the intelligent and confident man I am married to. He impresses me with his constant ability to take on any task at hand, complete it in an insane amount of time, and if tasks are not available, he will invent new ones. So here you go...all of the pictures I managed to snap. I wish I had gotten a before of the shower, but as I said, he did it while we were at a friend's birthday party...

New Fixtures...before & after












Old Tile - The boy's bathroom had green diamond insets and our bathroom had navy diamond insets - so glad they are gone!














Bath Step











Our Shower












10 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

OH MY WORD! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! Chuck did an awesome job! It all looks so good. We have such talented men around us!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I need to hire you (Chuck)to work for me.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man, what a mighty, mighty, mighty good man. . .
I am amazed. I think my husband wants a partner too, and he can cook. He is all that AND a bag of chips. I think he married well too!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

Wow! What a great job! Way to go, Chuck!

3:56 PM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

I am very impressed!! What's his next project???

11:11 AM  
Blogger 1literatimommy said...

Very Impressive! Now, for his next vacation, I have a flower bed that needs some work. Just kidding. It looks awesome.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am very impressed. Didn't one time he fix another bathroom while having his appendix burst or some crazy thing like that? Refresh my memory!
Kelli (Something is wrong with my login)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

Yes, the first faucet was 2 years ago after he got his appendix out. He was home on pain killers and just couldn't sit still, so he decided to replace the shower faucet in the boy's bathroom and he forgot to turn off the water outside first. It was like a great flood in the bathroom that night. You wouldn't believe the force of the water coming out of the wall.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear son-in-law believes that busy hands are happy hands;he also installed my new dishwasher! Thanks again, Chuck

7:35 AM  
Blogger amerriman said...

Do you rent him out to others?

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home