Thursday, October 18, 2007

Monster Virus

Tuesday morning I woke up with the worst headache ever. It reminded me of a spinal headache I once had a long time ago after a spinal tap. Anyways, I thought it was mucso-skelatal, so I went to the chiropractor. I had relief for about 5 minutes and then it came back worse than before. I felt like I needed to go to the ER, but with 2 kids and my parents out of town, I quickly put that idea away. Later came the nausea and fever. I went to bed when Chuck got home and slept for11 hours. I had a fever Wednesday morning and a mild headache, but improved as the day progressed. About 2:45, the school nurse called and said that Patrick was in her office complaining of a headache and he was crying because his head hurt so bad. On the way to get him, I called our pediatrician and spoke to her nurse (of course my mind always goes to the most extreme diagnosis - meningitis). She assured me that a headache alone does not indicate meningitis and to see if any other symptoms develop before bringing him in to see the doctor. He came home and went straight to bed, woke up at 5 and threw up and went back to bed and slept until 8am this morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

I hope you guys are better!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

That is horrible. WE had a great time at the halloween party. YOu guys really know how to goul out!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home