Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy Halloween...1998!

We did have a camera last month as my MIL loaned us hers, but I never got the pictures off before I returned it. Then, she gave Chuck a new awesome camera for his (ouch) 35th birthday on Saturday, October 27th. We need a memory stick for this new camera as it will only hold 10 pictures, so here I am taking you down memory lane again. In 1998, our annual Halloween Party got started at 10pm and ended at 4am. In 2007, our annual Halloween Party started at 5:30pm and ended at 7:30pm. Hmmm....

Here I am wiring snakes into my hair. I was Medusa that year. My brother Richard killed a big rattlesnake and mailed me the rattle for my paper maiche tail. My friend Talese was visiting with one of the first digital cameras. It was massive and cost like $800.00. These are all some pictures she took. Yes, our parties were so great that people flew in from Texas for them! Gotta love the poster in the background of the smoking kittens. Ahh, to be 24 again...
This was a friend from work. He was a mad cow. That was the year of the big mad cow disease scare.

Chuck was Spawn ( comic book character)



My friend, Norma, the cigarette girl. Swing dancing was in that year as well.

I just wanted to show you our very ugly kitchen. The house we were renting was very old and very dated. It is unusual in Boston to have wall to wall carpeting, a garbage disposal, central heat/air, a dishwasher, etc...We had none of these, but we did have a very spooky basement...

My good friend Alisa...miss her!
Talese visiting from Texas...hippie at heart.

scene from back of basement


3 Comments:

Blogger jenny biz said...

What an absolutely, TONS of fun tradition you guys have created! You guys are going to be the coolest place on Halloween for your kids and their friends to come hang out!! I hate that we haven't gotten to experience the "party of the year" yet! Could you go ahead and plan next year so I can put it on the calendar!! :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

You guys make Halloween fun, you are the best. I am going to try the black out shades, my kids are earlier risers too!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

How fun to have a basement. I have always wanted one. You still throw a great party even if it ends at 7:30! I guess it is time to post my H pictures too!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home