Monday, December 01, 2008

I know this much is true....

A title of one of my favorite books...I will steal its title. We do have so much to be thankful for. Chuck was working this year and his days off were just the weekend, so there was not enough time to spend with family. We missed going to his mom's, his aunt June's house and my mom's house. We (the boys and I) graciously accepted an invitation to our neighbors and spent the day with their family. I will admit it was hard for me...I think spending time with other people's family made me miss my own so much more. My parents did come through Wed. night on their way to a cruise for their 45th wedding anniversary on 11/29. Mel and Jack came to see us on Sat./Sun. after they had just celebrated their 2 year anniversary on 11/28. We have our health, our wonderful supportive families and each other. I am just a sucker for the holidays and can feel a twinge of sadness at a moment's notice. What can I say...that is how God made me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home