Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nicholas News

Well, as you can see we are still using the binky or "ga-goo" as he calls it, however, we are doing better using it mostly just at night. He happened to have it in the first picture below, but he took it out for the rest. We were taking pictures of his black eye that day. We had been shopping at H.E.B. the day before in the produce section when Nicholas tripped and became airborne into the produce bins. It was after school and we were in a hurry to shop and get done in time to get to the Y for Patrick's swimming lessons. Patrick was distracting me by asking if their was any star fruit there that day and if so could we get some. I directed him to the exotic fruit section. Across from this I went toward and area where they have bell peppers, eggplant, etc. in these tilted bins stacked on top of one another at an angle. Nicholas ran behind me and out of the corner of my eye I saw Nicholas fly face first into the chayote squash bin. He landed on his eyes (the crease of his eyelids), and the scream that came out of him was really frightening. I scooped him up and we went to the car. I called the doctor's office and they were booked for the day. They suggested we go to a nearby minor ER clinic. Well, after we checked in he was all better and I felt ridiculous for taking him there. They saw us very quickly and by the time Nicholas got his lollipop, he was already realizing how to use his injury to his advantage. He told Patrick he had to throw away his lollipop wrapper because he (Nicholas) couldn't because he had hurt his eye. I think my panic that day came from the incident last year when Nicholas ended up hitting his head on the coffee table and getting 4 stitches and a CT scan. It was also the way he landed face first on his eyes. The E.R. doctor commented on his scar, his many bruises on his legs and his scraped elbows and said "Well, mom, this probably won't be your last trip to the E.R.". Meanwhile, Patrick fell and scraped both knees last week FOR THE FIRST TIME in his life and he will be 8 soon. Amazing....




The next picture has nothing to do with the ones above. I just thought it was cute. We had built a fort in his room, and he had lured Baby Kitty in with treats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

You always have excitement!

2:52 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

Boys, boys, boys! I can't get over how big Nicholas looks, he has grown tall!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home