Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Card Rejects

This year we made several attempts to take pictures of the boys. There was the festival of lights (back in November), in front of our tree (twice), on the trail behind our house and at the pond in our neighborhood. After 135 pictures, I ended up using a candid shot with the forbidden binky (or ga-gu, as he calls it) in Nicholas' mouth. After sending the order in, I realized that not only is the binky in his mouth, but Patrick is doing rabbit ears to him as well. To top it off, I forgot to add our names to the card, and I sent sent it to a Target 35 minutes away. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? I am a big fan of Christmas cards and I usually get mine out before now. I also get a little wrapped up in the idea that our popularity among others is based on how many Christmas cards we get. Well this year, as of December 13th, we have received 4. Four! I know some people do not send out Christmas cards (like my own mother-can you imagine?), but this is kind of sad. I am hoping that the address cards I sent out in March simply got misplaced and people did not update their address books right away like I would upon receiving a new address. Perhaps they are just waiting for our card to come, so they can promptly return a card to us. Then there is the thought that the Christmas cards we receive after ours have been mailed out are only polite 'return' cards and that we were not on people's original card list. Oh the agony! Chuck says I get too wrapped up in the whole idea, but I have always been kind of a nut about it all. Well, anyways here are some Christmas card rejects...
















Oh, and I forgot to mention below who the woman that I think Nicholas looks like is..Chuck's grandmother from Germany. She died when Chuck was 11 or 12, I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger amerriman said...

Loved catching up with the pictures. Please tell me you got our card! I'm glad someone else is obsessed with cards too, it is one of my favorite parts of the holiday!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor, poor Bentley. He looks so sad here. Please post a picture showing he is happy.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home