Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nicholas Started Pre-School

Nicholas started pre-school on Tuesday. He will be going Tues/Wed/Thurs from 9am-2:30pm. He wasn't wanting to go at first, but then I remembered I had bought him the next size up in shoes when Stride Rite had their 'Buy One/Get One Half Off' sale last spring, so I pulled those down from the closet. He was a little more eager to go and then I offered ice cream after I picked him up. He then said "and donuts!" and off we went. I was relieved when we got there and he went right in his classroom and sat down and started playing with play-dough. I decided not to tell him bye and snuck out. They told me they would call if he got upset. Five hours and zero phone calls later, I went to pick him up and when he saw me, he started crying. They said he did great all day, but I guess when he saw me he realized he had missed me. He said he had made new friends "Ty and Walker" and that he had fun, but that he didn't sing songs (he had told us before school started that he would color, paint and play outside but not sing songs). We went and got his donuts and ice cream, but for the rest of the day he was really worn out. Well, Patrick was sick and Nicholas started catching it that night. He woke up several times crying out. Wednesday, he went to school just fine but they told me when I picked him up that he had cried on and off since lunch and they weren't sure why. He couldn't really tell me either, but I guess it was him getting sick. That night he woke up coughing a lot and I started coming down with it as well. He stayed home on Thursday and I was glad Chuck was off so I could catch up on missed sleep from the two previous nights. We both had fever for the last two days but I think we are on the mend now.

Nicholas said some funny things this week...

N: "Mom, can you open this coke?"

Me: "No, don't drink that one...go and get yourself an orange coke (his word for orange soda)

N: "No, it's ok, mom, I like diarrhea coke" (diet coke)

****

N: "Daddy, come look at my poop. It's not of as big as yours, but it looks like a dog!"

Patrick has earned back some of his toys. I didn't end up taking everything away after all, because he has way too much and I ran out of room. Chuck and I went through his room while he was at school and cleared out a lot of stuff and moved all the baby toys out of Nicholas' room, so both their rooms are a little more manageable. Patrick is still working on earning back some of his favorite toys. We are struggling daily with him to just to do the basics (make bed, do homework and feed the dog). Patrick is such a great kid and has always been so easy. It has been puzzling. He has always been a little stubborn but it never used to come out as much. We will continue to pray for guidance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home