Saturday, March 01, 2008

De*bstipation

I learned a new word yesterday...deobstipation. I will spare you the gory details. I think I should just rename this blog "My Three Disgusting Pets". I forgot to mention in my last post that the day of Nicholas' unfortunate encounter with the coffee table, Bentley had to go to the vet for a double ear infection. Apparently, Springer Spaniels are quite prone to ear problems due to the fact that their ear canal is always covered. So, over the last week I have had the job of cleaning out Bentley's ears with a bulb syringe of chlorhexadine soap, rinsing with ear cleansing solution and then applying antibiotic ointment twice a day. This has not been that bad, so perhaps Bentley wouldn't really make the disgusting pets blog. However, Baby Kitty would definitely be at the top of the list. Baby Kitty lost his tail 5 years ago in a very traumatic accident that I will refrain from posting about as to not turn your stomachs. Anyways, yesterday morning I realized that Baby Kitty could not poop and had not been pooping for a few days. We found a nearby vet and after anesthesia, deopstipation, an enema and $271.00 later, he was as good as new. We are to give him an oral laxative twice a day for the next week. New house with new carpet, wood floors and tile...nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Baby Kitty needs a diaper! Love, Mom

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home