Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And the Fun Continues...

Yesterday morning, I was in a mad dash to get my car loaded up to go see my Grandmother at her retirement center. I took some stuff to the car only to hear the door slam behind me. When I tried to go back in the house from the garage, well.. can you guess what sweet Nicholas did? He locked the door. I currently do not have a house key (another story), so I frantically called my realtor and got her vm. I left a rather hysterical message about my situation and then called Chuck. He instructed me to check all of the windows (of course they were all locked). Had this been last week, I would have broken one, but since we just had all of the glass replaced thoughout the house, I was a litle more hesiatant. Nicholas and I talked to each other through the back door for awhile and he tried to unlock that one but the dead bolt was too high. Meanwhile I remembered the realtors office number was on the sign out front. I called them and they quickly dispensed an agent from a close by office to come over and let me in. After that, I was able to persuade Nicholas back to the cat door in our garage and held each other through it. The next thing I know he stands up and unlocks the door handle! My parents showed up at this point with their handy man and his credit card. I called the realtor's office and told them my 19 month old figured out how to let me back in and we were ok.

Today... Planning on going out of town tomorrow, I decided to take my car in for an oil change as it is almost due. Upon leaving the dealership, all of a sudden thick gray smoke is filling up my rear windshield and I have complete loss of power when I step on the gas. I pulled into a parking lot and called Honda. They sent a tow truck. I called my mom and she was on her way (they said the tow would be 45 minutes). Well the tow made it in 22, so we loaded up Nicholas car seat in the front of his cab and he took us back to the dealership. My mom showed up and we decided to wait and see if it was something simple to fix, since it is by now traffic time and it is a long drive back to our neighborhood. I have been going to this dealership since I bought the car 5 years ago and never have been treated so poorly as I was today. They were completely inconsiderate of the fact that I had a tired, hungry 19 month old and I was going on my 5th hour there. They had to supposedly have a meeting about what happened and whether or not they could rent me a car through Sunday since I was supposed to be leaving town in the morning at 7am. The problem with the car was that they put double the anount of oil required, so it needed to be drained, aired out overnight, the filter and spark plugs replaced. They kept us waiting while they had their "meeting" about my rental for 45 minutes and I finally lost it and left. They were in the process of calling Enterprise about a rental car, but I had been jerked around and sweet talked so much at this point that I unleashed my fury on their manager who chased us into the parking lot. We left in mom's car and my trip is cancelled for now. My blood pressure has been 150/100 consistently over the last two weeks. I do not normally have high blood pressure. It is usually 103/70. Please pray for my health during this stressful time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Oh my...I'm praying for you and your family! I hope things get much better for you this week! We missed you guys tonight.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

Oh My!!! They had to have a MEETING???? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!

Hope your bp stays down and nothing else major happens in the next few days.

I had totally missed the fact that y'all are moving.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I hope you were able to go on your trip! Your story is crazy! I hope you publish this thing!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home