Monday, January 28, 2008

Welcome to My World

Good Morning! It is 2am! Nicholas is barking like a dog in the room next door. Never mind that I passed out from exhaustion at 10:30 only to be woken at 11 by dear sweet husband and again at midnight by good friend Talese (yes, I know it sounds late, but we have an ok to call late rule because usually I am up until midnight and she works in the middle of the night for 2nd Life). So, Mr. Baby comes in my bed in sheer desperation to get back to sleep quickly only to question myself for the next 5 hours as to why a 19 month old can not stay put in a king size bed. He is unable to sleep unless he is kicking me with his gigantic size 8 feet or banging his super hard head into mine. 7:15am classical music followed by angry sick barking Nicholas and purring cats jumping on us for attention. Then trying to wake Patrick who is sure he is too sick for school. Temperatures are taken and throats are checked. With everyone ok, finally, he is dressed, the 30 sec microwave sausage biscuits are ready (and the special request of Indian Spice Chai tea with honey for his throat) is made and PTL, my dad is here to take him to school!!! I do not know how I would have survived the last 2 1/2 weeks w/out my parents and brother Russell! He is off to school and I have super grumps to contend with. Meanwhile the dog is fed (oh yeah-we got a dog a couple of weeks ago...nothing like a new family pet in the middle of trying to sell your house and move to really liven things up), laundry is started and breakfast is made for Nicholas only to be pushed away. I notice at this point that Nicholas has now fulfilled every mother's biggest dream for her child when he wipes his nose on his sleeve. Yay for me! Can I just by stock in Shout now? Morning chores continue and the barrage (I mean demands that sound like screams) start from Mr. Grumpy Pants. "Melmo! Melmo!" as he manages to touch every button on out DVD player and attempt to open the cabinet where the Elmo treasure is stored. Hoping for quiet, I relent, and start madly ironing a huge pile of laundry that has been building since Friday when laundry started but never quite finished and just continued to grow (see, Friday morning began with an unfortunate discovery that the cats {being mad that our new dog, Bentley, was in the garage because it was cold out} decided to use Patrick's huge collection of stuffed animals as a litter box instead of going out the kitty door to their litter boxes in the garage). Anyways, ironing ensues while eating Kashi with almond milk and calling Patrick's future elementary school when the phone beeps, and it is our agent here saying that the inspection on our house here has been moved to Thursday instead of today. Strange because not 1 hour before I had spoken with Chuck and found out that our inspection there (where we are moving) is also Thursday at the same time! Weird how, everything with these two house continues to coincide on the same days. Anyways, my parents show up yet again (for the second time in 2 hours) to watch Nicholas so I can go see a most amazing witch doctor (just kidding... she is a chiropractor). This is followed by a stroll around Big Lots next door (by myself-who knew Big Lots could be so enchanting) where I am excited to find a pooper scooper for the back yard. I listen to my book on CD all the way home (Left Behind if you were wondering-great to rent those books on CD from the library). I arrive at home to find out Nicholas has been asleep since 20 min after I left and hasn't made a peep. Thankfully, he slept until time to pick up Patrick (almost 4 hours). We come home and Patrick is all to excited to use the new pooper scooper so I instruct him to put on his crocs and go for it. I give him a paper grocery sack and marvel at what a sweet helpful 6 year old boy I have. 15 minutes later I walk through the kitchen to find a paper bag on the kitchen table. "Patrick?" I say. "That's not a bag of poop on the kitchen table is it?". "Yeah, mom, it's in a bag, no big deal". Well, if you know me you can imagine the antibacterial cleansing that took place immediately following that conversation.. OK, so its 5pm and Patrick decides while I am changing Nicholas to try and walk Bentley who is NOT leash trained and I find Bentley running down the street in pursuit of another Springer Spaniel and Patrick following behind. Bentley is eventually brought in the house and things settle down for a moment. From then on, peanut butter cookies are made, break dancing is questioned and discussed and somewhere in there Nicholas decides to make Bentley's kennel his new home. Dinner is microwaved, fruit is cut, baths given and American Gladiators is on the TV before bed. It is now 9:18 now and Patrick has been sound asleep for 1 hour and 18 minutes and Nicholas is jumping on my bed. I am on my second margarita and reviewing my prayer/gratitude journal that says "sleep tonight" first on the list. I am sure there are more fun moments from the day that I have not mentioned, but I think I have gone on long enough. May your days and nights not be as sleep deprived and full of poop (and snot) as mine!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

Margaret, you crack me up!! Did you go see the famous witch doctor?? LOVE HER! I hope you got some rest!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as we hate to see you go we know that you need to get settled in your new home with a daddy to help. Love, Mom and Dad

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am - working in my 2nd Life (for clarification that would be properly said as "SL")

I hope you are doing well in the snotty bubble. :) I'll have you know this is the only place that I have ever revealed my SL name in association with my RL name (aside from bluehair).

I bet you are sound asleep in your big house on the hill...Grapevine is doing fine, thanks for asking. Lennon is GONE - officially. Doesn't that stink - Patrick had to leave before he saw her leave. Oh well.

I've been sick. Yep - me, sick - imagine. That damn shampooing is what did me in. I think that house was cursed in the end.

How's my Bentley? OK - officially Patrick's. I will laugh if somebody tries to bring him back here b/c of his microchip. LOL - imagine...or don't...

-Mika (aka the midnight caller)

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home