Thursday, January 03, 2008

Through Tears and Laughter

Years ago, I took a really pretty picture of our house for Patrick's baby book. Since our trees are now bare and the grass is no longer green, I needed this picture for our "FOR SALE BY OWNER" flyer. While looking for the picture, I came across this one of Patrick & Chuck. We are sad and happy to announce that we are moving for Chuck's promotion to Executive Sous Chef. We have LOVED living here for the last 7 years. We have been so blessed to have all of our family close. We wil miss our chuch, the lake & our friends as well. We are excited for the new opportunity that lies ahead.
Yes, Christmas time around here was absolutely fun filled and exhausting to the point of hearing myself on the video camera saying that our kids had received so many gifts that it felt SINFUL! That we have to clean out stuff to move in more stuff! I so appreciate every one's generosity and excitement to give my children presents, but...we are drowning in spoiled kids here. Next year I want to visit soup kitchens and give away the toy store on speed that we currently own. I don't know if God would be proud of me at this moment as a parent for letting this get so out of control.

Anyways, the picture above is pure joy. We were in Austin visiting the F.S.H. there climbing up Mount Bonnel with Patrick. Those insignificant moments, the day to day "don't forget the camera" moments" that you see 5 years later and wish, wish, WISH you could have those precious moments back. I would be forever having children if I could to continue to experience the daily joys so quickly forgotten in the whole drive of life to push forward. As Kate Bush said in her song "This Woman's Work"...{Give me these moments back. If only I had a little time left. If only I had a little more feeling. There so many things I could have said or could have done...so many things....Oh, darling... don't make it go away... }

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time slips by us so quickly.... you and I know that better than anybody.  Here we are, 15 years later....and still standing strong.

As promised, the page you requested....

http://www.talese.com/margk/index.htm


...and, I will find a way to fix that vacuum
cleaner just to prove to you I don't need a new one!   ;)

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home