Monday, March 03, 2008

Toto, we are not at Lake Cities anymore...

Yesterday, the boys and I visited our one and only Church of Christ in our township. Two words...old school. Upon arriving, I tried to make eye contact with the throng of people we were passing through to enter the building, yet still no one greeted us. I was a woman with a six year old carrying a toddler. Doesn't that scream "Hello, how are you?"? Upon sitting down in the back row, I noticed the pulpit was sporting the token COC over sized wing back chairs. The song leader approached and started leading singing (BTW, he was of an older generation...much, much older). Then, everyone stayed seated during the singing. I was quickly having flashbacks to my mom's hometown church as we sang "He is Everything to Me, to Me.." in a slow funeral type dirge. Next came communion. I was really missing Lake Cities when the children go up front to give and are dismissed to children's church. It has been a long time since I have visited churches. I feel blessed to have been part of such a great congregation. Anyways, the boys were really good during the service, but I am afraid that this will not be our church home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

Oh Margaret. I hope you have a better Sunday next week. Searching for a church home is exhausting. I will be praying for you to find a fit!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

I am so sorry. I will be praying to that you find a lively, vibrant church body that you can teach your children to love and serve Jesus in. Might be worth some driving!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

You are missed at Lake Cities as well. Clayton and I know all too well about church hunting. There are some interesting ones out there. He is preparing a wonderful place for you and your family to worship and meet new people. We will be prayer for you.

2:53 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

It was great to catch up on your blog. I have been thinking about you guys, not the same without you here. It sounds like your life has been crazy these past few weeks. I can't wait to see the new house!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home