Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fun for Your Feet

or perhaps not, if you do more than the recommended 15 minutes they say to start out with (as I did last night...ow!..my right foot hurts today). I saw this ad in a magazine before Christmas and got very excited to order some for Chuck and his mom. Every once in awhile in life you have an opportunity to truly surprise people with something they could not ever imagine and this was my year for that. Both Chuck and his mom stand on their feet all day, so I thought this would be something that could help them. I am often buying Chuck things like the Pedi-egg and foot creams to help him out. I have told him for years to go to the podiatrist and he finally did last spring and got some orthodics. He also found out that the tendons in both of his big toes are shortened and this is part of what is causing him pain. Surgery down the road can fix it, but he is not in any hurry to do that at this time. SO, there is your foot update. I am still trying to upload Christmas pictures. I need to get pictures from my dad and Jack as we took more video (as usual) than pictures. We had a week of Christmas starting at Mel & Jack's house on Saturday the 20th and then onto my mom and dad's house (where we enjoyed staying at the Four Seasons Las Colinas...roughing it, you know) and then we were home on Christmas eve and had Santa Christmas day. Chuck had to work Christmas day but was off the five days before. They served 700 people for Christmas day brunch, if you can imagine. I am surprised that many people go out for Christmas. Then Chuck came home and cooked a wonderful dinner of lamb, roasted rosemary new potatoes, carrots and asparagus. It was a fabulous week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I saw these in an advertisment also. We always had lamb on a spit for Christmas... Our home is still for sale... Keep PRAYING

4:55 PM  
Blogger nancymenard said...

Sounds like a great day! Love, Mom

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home