Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"Because...no."

This would be Nicholas' favorite saying as of late. We will ask him a question such as "Why don't you want to get dressed?" and his reply is "because...because...no" in the cutest voice ever. Something else that is kind of funny that he has always done is that when I am singing to him he says, "No, Mommy, stop singing". I will also try and kiss him and he will say, "Stop, no kissing head."

My grandmother bought the boys new bedding for their rooms for Christmas and Nicholas moved into his big boy bed three nights ago. He has slept through the night for 3 nights now. Something strange to be saying when your child is 2 yrs and 7 months old. This has been an answer to prayer as Nicholas has been waking me up nearly every night for the past 4-6 months. He has even ended up in our bed (something we have always been against) more times than I can count in order for us to get to sleep. It has been exhausting and I can't believe we waited this long for the big boy bed. He was probably running into the sides of his crib and waking himself up this whole time.

Patrick joined Boy Scouts last month and we have been busy working on his achievements. I opted to not buy the iron-on patch adhesive (because being a stay at home mom, I have an "I need to be a supermom" complex), so I have been sewing on patches this week. I am sure I could do it with my sewing machine, but seeing as I barely know how to use it, I am afraid that it would end up a tension nightmare. Since school started up this week, Nicholas and I will be touring Mother's Day Out programs for him. I am looking for a part-time job as well. Chuck is taking two weeks vacation at the end of this month, so I am looking forward to having him home. I think a camping trip is in the works. Looking forward to a blessed 2009!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky Lynch said...

I understand he bigboy bead completely! Both my girls slept better at night once they were out of the crib. That just means that the potty training is right around the corner for you little guy!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home