Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Confessions of a Bad Housewife...Oops I did it again...

For the second time this month, I unknowingly let a glass baby food jar go down the garbage disposal and then proceeded to turn the garbage disposal on. For any of you that have not tried this before, I do not suggest it. The first time it happened, I knew it went down there and I couldn't get it out. My parents came over soon after to watch the boys and I forgot to tell them it was in there and they turned on the disposal not knowing. This jammed it up and Chuck had to remove the whole thing and clean it out. The second time (Monday night), I had no idea it had slipped down there and cringed when I heard the chopping of glass. That night, my very understanding husband came home after a long day of Byron Nelson prep and removed and cleaned out the disposal again. I sweetly told him I was sorry and I promised it would never happen again and he just smiled and said, "yes, it will". Why are there glass baby food jars in the sink in the first place, you ask? Because I am a recycling freak. Yes, I know, the strainer side of the sink is where I should be washing them out. Hopefully I will not make this mistake again.

Nicholas has had an ear infection. I could not figure out why he is still so snotty after a week and why we still have so much antibiotic. I have a dropper that measures teaspoons and ml side by side. I have been giving him 1 ml instead of 1 tsp many times through out the last week. There have been some times that I have given his medicine out of the dose spoon, so he has gotten the right dose some of the time. The sad thing is that the last time he had an infection, I did the exact same thing! Ugh! I am such a space case!!!

On another note, Nicholas starting crawling forwards on Sunday (he has been crawling backwards for awhile). He is so proud of himself!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

oH MY GOODNESS! Sweet Chuck. He shounds just like Bryan. I am glad to hear I am not the only Space Cadet. . .I don't think that makes us bad housewives, "we're just drawn that way."-cartoon movie quote?

4:35 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

I had to laugh at the baby food jar going down into the disposal, that is something I would do!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home