Sunday, May 27, 2007

Have I Just Forgotten?

I cannot believe that the sweet, docile little lump of sugar, formally known as Nicholas, has turned into this energizer baby we have to always be on the look out for. I am sure Patrick was calmer than this! I don't recall Patrick trying to open the back door, ever, especially before he could even stand alone. I don't recall Patrick trying to touch things on the stove or open the oven door. I don't recall Patrick trying to play in the toilet or crawl through the cat door. I don't remember Patrick screaming for attention or beating us with his open hands. I spent an hour and a half tonight trying to get Nicholas to bed. He would not take his afternoon nap, so he was overly tired. He has taken to having two dinners and two bottles lately, and I made the mistake tonight of trying to skip the second dinner because he had his first dinner later than usual. I tried rocking him...this is funny because when Patrick was born, I did not want one of those hideous gliders. No, I had to find this high backed, cow hide seated "for looks only" rocking chair on Main Street. Patrick turned out to be the baby that wanted to be rocked and rocked and rocked. Chuck cursed that rocking chair every single night that he had to sit in it rocking our sweet first born to sleep. So, this time, I was smarter and registered for the most wonderful plush glider ever known to man (Thank you MIL). It is like rocking on a cloud. But, guess what? Nicholas is not a rocker. From day one, he either screamed and stretched out until you laid him down or he would just giggle and pull my hair. Singing? Forget that! He sings along with me and trys to put his binky in my mouth or just sticks his finger in my nose. He has let me rock him to sleep two times in the past 11 1/2 months and he was sick at the time. So tonight, as most nights, I try anyways. After that, I tried to hold him down in his bed (gently), and what does he do? He grabs my arm and pulls it to his mouth to make zerbert noises and then he giggles at me as he throws his binky out of the crib. AHHH, motherhood!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

Oh my. Sorry mom! Sounds like you are in for a challange, but a really cute, sweet funny one. What an adorable little guy. Your kids both have such a great sense of humor already!

12:31 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

Sweet boys, isn't it funny how different brothers are frome one another.

1:31 PM  
Blogger jenny biz said...

My brothers were VERY different (and still are). Life is definitely not boring that way:)

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home