Monday, March 17, 2008

Sadness, today

I can't sleep. We have had a great weekend. Chuck's boss is not a morning person, so Chuck has been going in early and has been home by 5 or 6 for the last three days. We feel so blessed to have moved to this street with so many children Patrick's age. We had dinner with neighbors last night and felt like a normal family. However, on the way to our neighbor's house last night, Chuck informed me, why, his best friend, Brian, had just called. He and his wife, Dee, are divorcing after 10 years. They met while we all lived in Austin 15 years ago. Brian was Chuck's best man and then 2 years later Chuck was Brian's best man. I am heartbroken. One good thing is at least they don't have children. The other sadness is that my mom's best friend Betty died today. Mom called last night and told me that they didn't think she had much longer. Betty and my mother met when they were 6 years old and were friends from then on. They both moved around early in their marriages but manged to both end up in WF. Betty was always a wonderful constant in my life. She would waltz in our house smelling of cinnamon gum and perfume dripping in gold jewelry with not one hair out of place and say, "Hey there, Margot!".I loved how she was always so upbeat. She will be greatly missed and remembered.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

I am so sorry for your loss and for the divorce of your friends!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

I am saddened to hear about the loss of your mother's friend.

Divorce is so icky....

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog for the first time! Guess I will have to start reading it to keep up with you all. Love, Lou

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home