Friday, March 21, 2008

Screaming

Nicholas has taken to screaming in excitement on a pretty consistent basis through out the day. It is not a mere squeal of joy, but an "I'm riding a roller coaster and having the most fun of my life" scream. It is very jarring to one's nerves especially in our combo living/dining room which is not yet furnished. He does it while playing with Patrick, while chasing the cats (which I strongly discourage) and when any appliance is turned on (vacuum, blender, coffee grinder, etc.). I have always said that we were a quiet family of three until he came along. Since about four months of age, he has brought quite a bit of attention to himself through vocal expression.

We have been on spring break this week and Chuck was home for the last two days installing new ceiling fans, a new garbage disposal, arranging the garage, building shelves in the closets, doing yard work and installing a new faucet. I am sure there was more but it is making my brain hurt to think about it all. Let me say again how much I love this place we are living. It is so well planned. There is a park/tennis court/pond combo almost around every corner. There are trees and wildflowers blooming everywhere. The walking trails and convenience of shopping/dining is wonderful. We have neighbors that are actually close to our age and have kids Patrick's age.

Now I must close with some disgusting occurrences of the past week involving Nicholas this time instead of the pets. Monday, Nicholas threw his tooth brush in the toilet. Tuesday, Nicholas played in the litter box while I was cooking dinner. Yesterday, Nicholas picked up a big piece of dog poop in the neighbors yard and when I said "No, Nicholas!" he proceeded to scream and run away.

Here are a couple of old photos I meant to post before we moved....


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what an amazing blog! I cannot imaagine how wonderful this family and this blogger must be! A+

9:41 PM  
Blogger amerriman said...

I love the pictures of your new house, I can't wait to come and visit! Nicholas fits in with my family, both boys are very loud. Your stories made me laugh and miss you guys more. I am glad you are getting to know your neighbors! You live in a great area.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Amy C said...

That Nicolas is a spicy one! You have such great kids.

I am so glad you guys are having a great time in the new neighborhood.

It is so refreshing for things to just go right. I am so happy for you guys!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home