Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Oregon = Heartfelt Beauty

I have been up and down the coast of CA and I do not know what all of the hoopla is about. In my mind, Oregon captures my heart. This is where we stayed...right on the beach. The waves are awesome but you do have to be careful of the tides.








Breakfast in Depot Bay (apparently the smallest ship port in America, we learned). This was an awesome gourmet eatery that my parents often frequent. Wouldn't you know that our oldest child ordered the most expensive item on the menu... Crab Cakes Florentine over Poached Eggs with a Tarragon Cream Sauce and Chai Tea to drink. He lapped up every bit of it!

Newport Aquarium...very educational to the aquatic life along the OR coast. We've been to a lot of aquariums and this would definitely make my top 5.

A replica of an ancient shark's mouth.

Richard, Brandi, Reagan, Chloe & Baby MaCrae. He was so good during the whole trip. Actually Nicholas was, too. They both did great on the 4 hour flights. Even the flight attendants commented, but maybe they always say that.


OK, here is our family shot from our "We've moved" cards. No, that was not the gulf on those cards, but let's just pretend it was.
Look at that crying Nicholas...he is always trying to escape a picture unless he is glued to me. I have renamed myself the "mule".

OK, sorry Lynley, I copied you on this one, but it was a great idea. I love my children's feet as you will see in the next few frames. I need this girl to take some real shots before they get too big.






And here is the real reason we came to Oregon, to eat seafood! Just kidding! To see my dad's side of the family. His sister Cherie and my uncle Bob, daughter Amanda and husband Andrew and most of all... my grandmother Valentine (or as Patrick called her - Grandma Heart) who just turned 91 on V-Day. I hope we can all get out there again soon. We had such a great visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home