Saturday, June 14, 2008

Golf Camp


Patrick had golf camp this past week. Every morning from 8:30-11:30. He has always been hesitant when it comes to team sports, so I thought golf or tennis might be more comfortable for him. He chose golf. This camp used rubber clubs (because of liability, I guess). He was a little disappointed he couldn't use his own, but, after a week of not wanting to go, by the 5th day he woke me up excited. He takes awhile to warm up to new situations sometimes. He has really come along way. I'll never forget when he wanted to play soccer when he was 4 and never played. He told my dad he didn't want to go out on the field because there were too many kids and then he told my mom he would rather be at home gardening. After that experience, I let the idea of sports go. He is really good at soccer, basketball and baseball, but he shys away from groups and is not very aggressive or competitive. It is no surprise as Chuck and I were the same way, although I have gotten into sports and become quite competitive in my old age!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edie is the same way, she hates competitive anything. She also hates things that are timed - such as races and such. Those two really have alot in common in those ways, I guess it is why they got along so well when you were here - you know, the hellhole of Grapevine, the place that you don't miss at all...;)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Margaret K said...

You are exxagerating! Grapevine is not a hellhole. I love it there and really miss it very much. I am actually beginning to look forward to moving again because of this awful humidity, no matter how perfect this bubble we are currently living in is!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home