Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Oh, he's one of those kids..."

...my neighbor said to me after I told her of Nicholas' latest antics. Friday, he rolled into the pond, while running to meet a very friendly black and white cat that visits from a neighboring house. Today, he pooped in the bath (again). I don't think I blogged about the time I caught him starting to put the poop in his mouth. It's not like he was 7 or 8 months old. He was 19 months old. But Saturday, oh dear Saturday, put him at the top of the list for a future glue eating, crayon up the nose little boy. We had some really yummy BBQ take out that night. I left Nicholas alone for 3 minutes while I cleaned up the kitchen. Patrick had left to play with a friend. At some point, I had given Nicholas a piece of chocolate. After cleaning up, I sat down to try and catch some of the basketball game when I noticed a very bad smell. Luna, our cat, was right next to me, but it wasn't her. Then I saw it. I saw what looked like finger painting on the coffee table. I saw the back of Nicholas' diaper overflowing. "Please, let it be chocolate" I said, as I bent down to smell. Well, it wasn't chocolate. I would like a new coffee table now and a new den, for that matter. Even after I had him and the coffee table cleaned up, I found it hard to look at either the same. He's a very different little boy from our first. Silly of me to ever compare them because they are definitely no where near alike. Here are some "before" shots of Nicholas eating ribs. Don't you love the foot on the table? He is always pushing us and he thinks it is hilarious. It's hard not to laugh with him when he gets that twinkle in his eyes....


3 Comments:

Blogger Amy C said...

If we come to visit, can you get a new coffee table? Just kidding! We missed the Art festival this weekend, but I thought of you all week. I have the cutest pictures from going with you guys last year.
I liked the fishing pictures. There is never a dull moment it seems...

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he could wear boxing gloves which would make it very difficult to finger paint with poop, pull the cats tail, play in the litter box or throw his binky. Love, Nana

5:36 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

very nice!!! it seems that y'all are doing well there.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home