Monday, May 12, 2008

To All the Special Moms in My Life...

Mom, thanks for being the best mom there can be. You were always there when I needed you growing up, and you still are today. From stroking my face to get me to sleep when I was a small child to dropping everything and moving to NYC for a semester when I was a depressed teenager, you have always answered the call of mom, NaNa and friend. You are the first I want to call with exciting news. You are there when I need a shoulder to cry on. Thanks for all you have done for me in my life. Thanks for teaching me what our purpose on this earth is for...to glorify God.

Guinea, you and Grandaddy have taught me so much over the years. I appreciate your generosity the most. You have always given to other people and set a wonderful example of hospitality. To this day, our family meets people from all over that at one time preached as a visiting preacher in your church and then came to eat lunch afterward in your home. You have always reminded me of what the Bible teaches and encouraged me to be the best I can be. Your advice has always been to "Put the Lord first and then everything else will fall into place". You have blessed our lives so much with your devotion and love.
Grandma Entine, you and Grandpa were what I called the "fun" grandparents. You were always there ready to play games, draw pictures and make crafts with me. I always felt so loved by you. The picture above makes me remember how happy I felt when I was with you. You and Grandpa also put God first in your lives and it showed by the way you treated others. You both had such a happy, positive outlook, and I appreciate the example you set.

Mel, I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law and grandma to my boys. You have always treated me like a daughter, and I have always felt loved by you and your family. If there was ever a time (and there was!) that I needed a friend, you have always been there. I appreciate your generosity toward us and others. You are warm, fun loving and happy. You know the importance of being a Christian and you raised your son to be one. You are such a wonderful bright spot and blessing to our lives.

Charlece, even though you are my grandmother-n-law, I have often thought of you as my grandmother, too. You love your family. You are thoughtful and kind. You love Jesus, first, and never miss an opportunity to thank him for his blessings. You are always so considerate and you set a great example of serving others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Madrid this morning, Paris at noon and Dallas tonight but the best thing of the day was reading your Mother's Day tribute to all of us lucky and blessed moms and grandmoms. I love you, Mom.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home