Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fall is for FOOTBALL!!!!

Football has arrived. Today, I woke up tired, despondent and wishing for more sleep. Nicholas woke up every hour on the hour (it's amazing how kids do that) all night long with the tickle cough I had a week ago (except that I did not cry out for my mommy and look for my binky). Patrick is sick, as well, but was in good spirits ready to play with Nicholas and help me out today when I asked. My cell buzzed around noon and I had a message from Russ reminding me that the Cowboys were on at 3pm. Hastily, I forwarded the message to Chuck at work and then grabbed the remote out of Patrick's hands to make sure that we would be able to see the game. We are holding out until the absolute last minute possible to get the NFL Network as it will add $7.95/mo to our bill. It only takes a phone call to get it connected so at this point we can wait to see if it will be broadcast here before we add it on. I remember when we were in Boston and I would go to Sports Bars by myself to watch the Cowboys play. My grandmother (who is 90) keeps a schedule of the Cowboys and the Mavericks in her Bible. That is how important they are to our family. Anyways, I perked up immediately. All of a sudden the sun was brighter, my flower beds were more beautiful and life was just a little bit better than yesterday. The Cowboys delivered...they won 28-10. I love my football. I enjoyed seeing the Bears beat the Colts tonight and I secretly giggled that Tom Brady is out all season. Ha Ha you Patriot cheaters!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pearson Family said...

I remember your love for Cowboy football! You are die hard! I am glad they won and made your day brighter. Sorry everyone is sick!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were so excited to watch the Cowboys from our motel room in Leon, Mexico yesterday. Even though it was in Spanish it didn't diminish our spirits as we watched Tony and the boys do their thing. Ron, Linda O'Brein, your dad and I cheered them on and afterward went for hamburgers and fries. Love, Mom

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home