Friday, August 01, 2008

Terrible Tantrums, Terrible Talk, Terrible Time


Yesterday, I said I would never take Nicholas to a store ever again. Today, I was sure CPS would show up at my door after my neighbors heard the horrible tantrum Nicholas threw getting out of the pool. He was like a monster toddler, red, crying, kicking and hitting me all the way into the house. I don't know what to do! We have been trying the time-out rug, but I am not sure he even understands that yet. My dad has suggested a water gun or spritzer to his face in order to change his focus. I am seriously wanting to go back to work and hand him over to daycare. He is really loud and demanding all of the time. His favorite new game is climb up on the arm of the couch or chair and jump on mommy as if we were in the WWF. He is not copying Patrick because Patrick doesn't do that. Patrick is sitting quietly watching the science channel or building legos. Nicholas is throwing the legos at Patrick. Nicholas has two emotions right now...screaming or laughing. The laughing is really cute. but not so much when he is purposely trying to jump on you. I am reading Bringing Up Boys right now, but I think I need to be reading The Strong Willed Child instead. I know I probably sound awful here but I am at my wits end!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no two kids are alike, right? one thing i was always told when edie was younger, (and she was being very difficult if you remember), was that the ones who make it tough on you, the difficult children, are usually the very independent and smart ones - so just hang in there. also, there is nothing wrong with giving yourself a little break - find a part time job doing something you would enjoy and send him to mother's day out during that time. if i wouldn't have taken some time away from edie when she was younger, i would have gone crazy....no doubt.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

Oh Margaret! I feel your pain right now as I am just returning home from 4 days in Paris without Stacey and am whipped. Maybe a mother's day out program a few days a week would work...I will be praying for you!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I had the similiar thought today that I would never take Camille to another restaraunt. I asked my mom, "is every child like this or is it just mine?" She reassured me it's not just mine. I'm praying to get through this phase quickly. Camille is independent and determined, for sure! I will also be praying for you.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home