Tuesday, August 05, 2008

34 sounds...

....soooooooo old compared to 33. When you are 33, you are still close enough to 30 to feel like you might could be 30. When you are 34, you are almost 35, and when you are 35, well, you might as well already be 40. I had a good birthday. Chuck was home for a 4 day weekend and my parents came down and took us to a Tapas restaurant for dinner. Chuck made a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Patrick decided to decorate it with horses. I have not felt great today, as I had 7 different injections in my neck yesterday at a minor surgery center. Not the best thing to schedule right before your birthday, but that was when I could get in with the doctor. I am hoping this will help my chronic pain.





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you would stop it with the "35..might as well be 40" comments. I don't like them!! Happy Birthday to you though. You are "30 something" - remember when that show was on and you thought "i so can't relate to this show" - i kinda wish it was on again, i bet we'd be like "oh, i SO get that"

think of yourself as a year wiser, a year with more experience, and a year of being blessed with everything you have - not as "getting older". you have so much to be thankful for.

btw - your parents look great in that pic.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn that cake looks good - do you ever think you will be able to get chuck to make me one - ever?? just one year?? :)

12:36 AM  
Blogger Phillips Family said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I must say that 34 fits you because you look stunning in that picture!

Hope you have gotten lots of rest and are recovering from those shots!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Happy B Day! Don't think about your age....
I hope your neck is feeling better.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Margaret!
I was on vacation in RI when you turned the big 34. ;)
Great pictures.

Miss you always
Alisa & Lance :)

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home