Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Miss...

I asked Chuck last night if he missed our church life. He said he has been to busy with work to even think about it. I agree with that. He left this morning at 6am and it is 10:40pm and he is still there. When they get the rest of their management team in place, his schedule should ease up a bit, but honestly, we knew with this promotion he was going to be working a lot. His next promotion to Executive Chef (the gold pot at the end of the rainbow as I think of it) will allow better hours and Sunday/Mondays off again. This is a transitional phase that will not always be easy for us as a family, but the end rewards in a year or two should be quite grand. Anyways, I am missing my family...dropping by for no reason...just to have a cup of coffee or to find someone to go to Costco with me and the kids. I am missing my church family. The new church we have found is a lot like our old, but they meet in small groups a lot instead of Sunday night or Wed. night services. The small groups cannot be joined until you place membership and until I meet people in our age group and get a feel for these small groups, I am not ready to place membership. There isn't Wednesday night church either, and I depended on that so much for my kids and for myself. Chuck never could attend due to his schedule, but it always meant so much to me. I miss teaching cradle roll on Wednesday nights. I originally put myself in the position because no one else seemed willing, but in the end it changed me and blessed me so much. Chuck will be visiting for the first time this weekend (he finally has a weekend off...yea!). We will see what he thinks and go from there. I miss Patrick's school and teachers, too. The new school is very institution like and has such a different feel. He is struggling as well, as they are doing more of a second grade curriculum and it has been a bit stressful for him. It breaks my heart sometimes to think of the church family and school we left behind. I know things will get better, but for tonight, I am kind of blue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too am blue for the same reasons.My prayer for you is that you will find the right church family for your family and that you will make friends who will enrich your spiritual life and help sustain you through these next 2 years. Love, Mom

6:04 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

We miss you too and I think Camille has missed you in Cradle Roll as well! I know God has a plan for you and your family in Houston. Just be patient and He will send friends and comfort your way soon.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home